In 2008 I started a little side project, which allowed me to bring my passion for music together with my job as a marketing guy. This was great because in general I believe that brands can learn a lot from bands. Through some funny coincidences I met the guys from Manowar. If you don’t know who or what Manowar are, do yourself a favour and do some research. I mean really, how can you not know Manowar?
“So when I share on Facebook, I overshare. On Twitter, I undershare, because it’s public. If Google hits that spot in the middle, we can revolutionize social interaction.” I was lucky enough to get an early invite from a friend of mine who works at Google. Here are my first thoughts on Google’s attempt to become more social.
Here is another one of those ‘anatomy of a trending topic (virus)’ kind of stories. Sometimes little ideas can go a long way. Sometimes just for a day, but that’s also ok. Probably you stumbled upon the Durex cucumber, probably not. Anyway, last week the condom brand Durex suddenly and out of nowhere was the #1 trending topic in the Netherlands. How did that happen?
In June 2010 Gatorade launched its Social Media Mission Control Center. Now Dell announced to launch the Dell Social Media Listening Command Center. This is an interesting development. Now as social media surpassed the evangelization phase, it is more and more becoming part of the everyday marketing practice for a lot of corporations. A mission control center seems to be a consequent move if a company takes listening seriously.
- @BBHLabs @bozmack @Data_Thug Nice one @BBHLabs 'stop selling the certainty of reach and start managing the uncertai… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 month ago
- RT @bbhlondon: With almost 4m views in a week, our swan song for British Airways has now been awarded Campaign's Pick of the Week https://t… 1 month ago
- @BBHLabs @bbhlondon Amazing stuff guys. Congrats. @BBHLabs & @bbhlondon All part of the family 1 month ago
- On my way to meet the lovely peeps miamiadschooleu again. Looking forward to a great session… instagram.com/p/BXDaWiCB8uE/ 1 month ago
- @FUCK0FFEE @StartPulsing That was just the location tag from Instagram. I am working around the corner now. We are on 75 Bermondsey Street. 1 month ago
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.